CILISAT/CORE INTERPRETING TRAINING
Do you want to work as an Interpreter?
HMC Connections offers the CILISAT certification and an online Core Interpreting Training Course (100 hours of class time).
CILISAT is a language and interpretation skills assessment test that certifies you in Ontario as an interpreter and will be required to take most interpretation courses. We are authorized to administer the CILISAT test; the test is run by appointment at our office in 1092 Speers Road, Oakville. You must attend an orientation session before you can book your CILISAT test.
The Core Interpreting Training Course is an online course that includes:
- Introduction to Community Interpreting
- The Community Interpreter’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- The Roles, Boundaries and Essential Practices of the Community Interpreter
- Theory of Interpreting and Memory Development
- Culture Bridging Skills
- Communication Skills and Interpreting
- Sight Translating and Note-Taking
- Managing the Interpretation
The course gives you 24 hour access online to the Community Interpreter workbook for a period of four months (120 days), which represents approximately 70 hours of study time. At the end of the training, you are eligible to write the Community Interpreter Certification Exam in order to obtain your Certificate of Interpretation.
For more information on CILISAT or training, please contact:
(905) 842-2486 ext. 256